It is often said that everything that can go digital will go digital. This can be great if we leverage that digital technology to make things easier, simpler, better and more fun, so we can focus better on the human factor.
However are we really making it work for everyone? How well are we doing with accessibility, digital literacy or people who do not necessarily have access to this digital world. Also, is the technology such as AI that we are creating trained un inclusive data or is it unconsciously biased? And what can we do to prevent it?
And just because we can, should we?
I gladly tell you more about this as a speaker at your event, help with doing a quick scan in your organisation, or as an advisor to your team.
Want to get started yourself? Here are some resources:
- Bekijk de Atria toolkit onnodige sekseregistratie (Dutch)
- Code D&I – handreiking inclusief taalgebruik (Dutch_
- Must read: “Live isn’t binary” book by Meg-john Barker and Alex Iantaffi
- Must read: “Invisible Women, exposing data bias in a world designed for men” by Caroline Criado Perez
- Feminist Design Tool by Josie young toolkit
- The Feminist Internet
- Coded Bias – Joy Buolamwini documentary
- Panel discussion on inclusive design for the metaverse (linkedin link)